Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Late bloomer

Some people find getting braces as an adult quite a traumatic experience. I've read peoples' comments on online forums how they cried when they first saw themselves with braces and hated showing them to people.

I felt quite bemused when I found out I had to get braces. I still do find it bemusing that I have braces. You see, I associate braces with high school and kids, and it just makes me feel like a late bloomer. There are things which people do in their teens (e.g. braces, get ears pierced, get learners driver licence) which I didn't do until my 20s. So having braces now just adds to that.

I cracked up big time when I saw Jess with her braces for the first time. (Thankfully she wasn't offended and understood it's just an Elsie quirkiness.) It's just funny that we both need them and both got them around the same time. But it's so nice to be able to share the experience with someone else :)

2 comments:

  1. "some people" are me. The prospect was at first horrifying, and even when I reconciled myself it wasn't funny. Elsie is my cheer (up) squad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... you two are the cutest :P

    Can't wait to see jess :)

    ReplyDelete