Thursday, September 12, 2013

One dessert a week rule

Jess loves rules and habits. I think habits are great, and rules are only good if they serve you in achieving goals (rather make you want to do the thing you're not supposed to).

I have a friend who lives at college and gets fed three meals a day plus snacks and dessert. He told me about his "one dessert a week" rule, to keep his diet healthy. I think this is great rule, especially for me. Even though I don't live at college, I do eat out a lot and I do like dessert. So this is a rule I'd be happy to implement. But often, there are treats and cakes at work, and some of those things are equivalent to dessert, so hmmoooooooo.

An alternative dessert rule is: all desserts must be shared, so that helps with spreading the richness of dessert.

1 comment:

  1. I find rules about food denial work best when it is delayed gratification, rather than total denial. So one dessert a week is hard but you can look forward to that dessert night all week long, and knowing there is dessert later can help you say no to dessert now. That's how the no snacking works for me. I can not eat it now, and eat it at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete