Saturday, July 6, 2013

The best kind of band to love


The best kind of band to love is one that is popular enough to tour smaller venues in your home country, but big enough overseas to do all the stadiums and arenas. It's much easier to get up close without having to fight the thousands of other fans. Bonus too, if the band has longevity because you'll get to see them a few times (hopefully!). I've loved Manic Street Preachers since '96 or '97. They make me feel old, but they still put on a fantastic live show.


This is the lead singer and me. He's got the best voice in rock'n'roll. Melodic yet sreamedelic. I reckon he'd be really good at singing power ballads. I imagined him auditioning for The Voice, what he would sing, and whether the judges would turn around for him.

Last night reminded me of my dream job when I was a teenager: to be one of those photographers below, working for the touring company or media and taking photos of bands.


No comments:

Post a Comment