Sunday, July 21, 2013

Feeling the love

I don't know if it's just me or a personality thing, but I often forget how loved and appreciated I am by other people. I have really felt the love this week from other people and it's been a reminder that there are so many ways to be affirmed and loved as a single person.

Examples of recent love shown to me:
- a friend unexpectedly brought back a NARS Dragon Girl lip pencil from the States that I've been eyeing for a while;
- a friend, who lives in Hong Kong, bought me this recipe book, that is only available in Hong Kong, to bring back via her mum. She knew how much it would mean to me to cook simple Cantonese food; and
- a friend brought back some Japanese products for me.

Examples of love in the past week:
- a sister in my Connect Group said some positive things about my character which I found very affirming, uplifting and made me feel appreciated and special. I was very touched;
- I'm going on a holiday with Bec. I've appreciated her being very patient and understanding with me and doing research while I've been a bit of space cadet of lately (most because it's been the busy season at work); and
- just today, I received a surprise bag of goodies from a friend in the States! Full of things I love, like the YSL Glossy Stain (in no 7 Corail Aquatique, a colour that's absolutely perfect for work and what I was about to buy in a different brand), a teal pen and nail polishes! And it came with a beautiful card and a lovely message :)


I'm writing this here, so that if I ever feel down in the dumps or thinks that nobody loves me, I'll remember all the love shown to me :) It's reminded me how important it is to show love and appreciation to those in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment