Saturday, March 16, 2013

Awkward

Bec and I had impromptu trip into the city today. I wanted to approach the Biotherm counter to have a sniff of their new fragrance Eau Océane, but they had two topless guys promoting stuff at their counter. Having them there just made me feel awkward and we only went back after those two men disappeared. Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm a prude, but topless men at cosmetic counters just puts me off.

Benefit did it too for a recent event.


I could go down the line of argument of "women aren't like men; they're more emotional rather than visual creatures, blah blah blah", but I won't. The point is: I don't need topless men to lure me to a cosmetics counter - I just need beauty blogs and great products!

Oh, and the fragrance is really lovely, really fresh! I quite liked it.

4 comments:

  1. It's objectifying humans. That is discomfort-making whether it's a man or a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other thing is, there was absolutely no reason to have a topless man at Biotherm or Benefit. What was the point? They weren't pushing anything that had anything to do with topless men! The more I think about it the more annoyed I get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could have replaced the men with cake. Cake always makes sense and is always appropriate. CAAAAKE!

    ReplyDelete