Friday, January 4, 2013

When it breaks.

I hate it when something breaks and I have to replace it. I desperately want to fix everything, but it's not always worth it, but I hate throwing out a whole thing just because one tiny part of it is broken. I had to chuck my steam mop last year when a little hose inside it ripped so it leaked (cheap mop), and now my bathroom scales have rusted where the battery connects. I just don't have that skill set, I don't know if any shops sell tiny hose parts or battery connecting bits, seeing as how they all come made from China.

It's not like these are expensive things to buy, it's just the principle of waste and annoyance. They aren't fun things to upgrade and you don't get more exciting features. You just have to mop the floor eventually. I liked the old mop, I didn't want it to break, but I was unlucky, I didn't get $35 worth of mopping before it died. Now I resent throwing good money after bad just to do housework.

2 comments:

  1. Get some fine sandpaper and sand off the rust on he connectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of one of the connectors came away stuck to the battery. It's all nasty.

    ReplyDelete