Friday, January 25, 2013

Form fear.

I kind of like filling out forms, if I get to pronounce my opinions on something. But I find those important government forms with a box for each letter slightly stressful. First, find an approved pen. Then, when I go to fill my name in, I start merrily writing "JESSICA" in the approved capital letters, but then realise I should be writing my family name first, and my other names on the next line. That's the first peril. Then my address. I have a slashy address, ie, 1/2. Do I put a slash in a box? What if it looks like a crooked 1? Then, if I survive that dilemma, I still have many other opportunities to make a mistake and waste precious boxes. This week I was helping a friend with a passport application and I wrote my work phone number wrong, twice. Even after I noticed it was wrong on one line, I wrote it wrong differently in another part of the form. It was the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment