Friday, April 13, 2012

Pots and pans

I've managed to reduce my stovetop cookware to four items. My cooking style seems to be either one portion or many portions (with the most heading straight to the freezer). Here are my essential four:

Small fry pan
This fry pan is about the size of your palm, including fingers. Great for frying an egg or two in the morning, or a piece of steak in the evening. Got mine in great condition from Kingsford Salvos.

Small saucepan

Great for making a quick Tom Yum soup for dinner, cooking a few dumplings or porridge.

Large fry pan, with raised sides

For when I want to cook in bulk or add bacon and other things to my eggs. The raised sides are great because it means you can add more things than you would in a regular fry pan, and it would all fit inside.

Large pot

For cooking soups and stews. Sometimes I even cook stir-frys in it, because nothing is going to fall out while stirring!

If I really had to cut down, I probably could go without the large fry pan.

I also feel like a fake Asian because there's no wok in my list.

1 comment:

  1. I have a one egg fry pan too. You know what I find though? It's too small for my spatula. I try and flip my egg, and it gets all mangled when I try and lift the edge.

    ReplyDelete