Friday, April 13, 2012

Disoriented.

I have pretty good spatial skills: I design, I can draw in perspective, I make stuff, I can read maps, I can solve puzzles. But I am completely confused by the 3 lifts at work. In my head, the lifts spin 180 degrees between the lobby and level 3. I know the lift doesn't spin around but I feel like whenever I use it I step out the opposite side of it. I can stand on level 3 and know that the street is on one side, but when I get out the lift and step into the lobby, hello, the street is on the other side. I get in the lift on the right, I expect to get out the lift on the right, but it's now the lift on the left—because my brain forgets that I turned around in the lift. I've obviously never had to cope with more than one lift before, and it's totally muddling me up. I've given up trying to figure out how the lobby and level 3 relate to each other, and just put up with the disorientation every time I get off the lift.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. That is hilarious, because I often see people getting out of lifts in our building and I wonder how they couldn't know which way to go. it seems that the world can be pretty much divided on this basis.

    ReplyDelete