Friday, April 13, 2012

"I only eat food from the bin."

I did actually just say that. I've got a reputation at the office for eating. Because I am enthusiastic about eating anything that is offered to me. Today I ate a banana that nobody wanted. I didn't really want it much either, but it was good healthy food, you can't have too much healthy food, so I ate it. But, for the record,  I have a lot of self-control with food that is just lying around, like the big jar of M&Ms that someone brought in (I've never touched it!), or the biscuits in my drawer, and I don't get cravings and have to go and buy food. I ignore a lot of food most of the time. However, food that is going in the bin if nobody eats it, I feel like I have a DUTY to attempt to eat.

I think this is an extension of my upbringing, "no ice-cream unless you finish all your dinner", and my frugalness. No amount of "your stomach is not a bin" can undo that.

No comments:

Post a Comment