Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Socks.

I peg my socks on the line in pairs, 2 on one peg, to save pegs. And fold them together as I take them off. It's an efficient system I invented myself, but a bit fiddly to find your wet socks in the basket and pair them up.

I recently bought a 10 pair pack of socks, so that I don't have to wash as often, and I made a terrible mistake. I bought the pack with all pretty colours, instead of the 10 white pairs. I realised my error when I hung out my washing and had a basket full of different coloured toed socks to match up. If I had bought all white, I could be saving a lot of time. Stupid, stupid me.



So the logical solution, other than getting rid of the colours and buying whites, is that I now don't match up my socks. I pair them, and if they have mismatched toe colours I don't care. No one else knows if my toes are a different colour. I bet that's really annoying some of you.

One further revelation was that if I take a pair of sock off and they go inside out, don't turn them back in. Wash them, peg them and the wear them inside out and next time you take them off they will turn back through again. Again, nobody knows! I can now wear odd socks with one inside out, and it is LIBERATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment