Monday, February 10, 2014

Best of facebook.

I don't love facebook, but I can't kick the habit. But there are many things that make it worthwhile, so it's a habit I don't mind.

I've got a facebook friend, my family and his family were super close when we were little. Lived around the corner, played every day, until I was about 10 and my family moved to Maitland. His older sister was my first best friend and we were inseparable, so moving was cruel, but I did get my own room instead of sharing with 3 siblings. Anyway, we're all grown up now and he's married and living somewhere in the central west. He is one of those happy people. I find him very hilarious, so it's a shame I don't get to see him in real life. But from facebook, what comes across is his joy in life: appreciation of the small things, and general way of living a simple life in an adventurous way. He documented the time his wife's horse fell down a well. He learnt to bread. His pregnant wife asleep on a bean bag. He found a baby chicken hatched from an abandoned egg. I love his life. I think that is the best stuff on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment