Friday, March 30, 2012

We$$ing.

 
I think money wedding-presents are the best thing. I know it's a soulless gift, but when people have everything, why give them more? Why not instead give them money towards an experience, like their honeymoon, or as I see it, pay for your meal at the reception, so that they might perhaps break even on the wedding budget? And why not save yourself the hassle of thinking of something and buying it and then wrapping it and then CARRYING IT, which I just hate so much because that involves public transport usually, and then trying to find the gift depository when you get the church or reception. $50 in a card: I'm a fan. And you can tie it in a bow.

2 comments:

  1. I used to think it was a bit offensive when people would ask for money at a wedding, but totally agree with the question of "what do you get people who have everything?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... help pay for the day = sign of the times :(

    ReplyDelete