Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quick food #1.

Life has been busy while I've been re-routining my working day. But I have a few quick posts on the subject of really fast cheap dinners.


This meal I call "Soup soup". As the name implies, it is soup which you make mainly from soup as the main ingredient. You buy tins of soup on special, and stock up on other tinned veg or fresh or frozen veg. You heat up a in of soup as a quick base soup, and add the frozen veggies or whatever so that the soup tastes less tinned, and is better value. It's soup made mainly from soup, hence the name, Soup soup.

2 comments:

  1. I reckon you can work the same concept with instant noodles.

    I use the noodles as my base, then add whatever vegies I have in the fridge and an egg. Viola! A proper meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg! Brilliant. Do you break the egg into it? Or boil it in with the shell and then peel and cut it in half like they do with ramen?

    ReplyDelete