Friday, July 15, 2011

The storage bug.


I realised one day last week that I don't have to live with a mess corner. All the things that don't fit in our tiny kitchen, like green bags and the food processor, or should be kept in my bedroom but I use it in the living room all the time, like my sewing machine and overlocker, are all piled around the fridge and under the dining table. Above is the 'before' photo.

I am opposed to buying big furniture like cupboards and shelves, because I have to move house with them, and ideally I should get rid of stuff, not store it. Buying storage furniture is a slippery slope which leads to hoarding.

However, I don't have to live with a mess corner. So I found some cheap and very strong garage shelving on the Bunnings website, and asked my parents to buy it for me before they visit (Bunnings is more a Dad place than a Jessica place). $20 will transform the mess corner into something cool and functional.

Oh boy, I am so unnecessarily excited about these shelves.


It won't look like this, but I can't wait to show you an 'after' photo.

1 comment:

  1. That photo is of an Expedit shelf from IKEA. I just got one for my birthday & I looooooove it!

    ReplyDelete