Thursday, January 28, 2010

Skirt theory.

I love skirts! No shoe fetish for me (the universal female shoe fetish is a myth, I reckon). Skirts are wonderful. I have raved about dresses, but I tend to be conservative in my dress choice, whereas I can go a bit fancier with a skirt, cos it's less overwhelming. A floral dress is whoa! floral! whereas a floral skirt is just right. Any skirt is just right.

Advantages:
The ultimate in comfort, coolness, prettiness.

Disadvantages:
1. General lack of pockets. My new skirt with pockets is the first thing I want to wear now.
2. You need to be aware of the wind. Light fabrics can be annoying.
3. You need to hang them on skirt hangers in the wardrobe. I've never liked skirt hangers, they are the tongs of the wardrobe, catching on each other and falling off the rail and getting in the way.

3 comments:

  1. Another skirt disadvantage: they allow your legs to rub together if you're fat like me which is uncomfortable. Powder helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrap-around skirts need to have enough fabric so they don't fly open when you walk down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost did write a paragraph on the wrap around. I have one which is very beautiful but I don't always feel safe in it. It's a wind thing again.

    ReplyDelete