Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to swallow a big sticky pill

Earlier I groaned about not being able to swallow this multivitamin and mineral supplement.

I worked out that my problem was that it was:
  • big and
  • sticky (i.e. it would stay on my tongue and refuse to move)
I solved my problem by:
  1. Leaving the pill in its foil wrapper and smashing it with a mallet. It usually breaks into three smaller pieces
  2. Putting a small piece on my tongue.
  3. Taking a sip of water, without swallowing water or pill.
  4. Throwing my head back to get the pill floating in the water instead of sitting on my tongue
  5. Once it's floating, swallow and down zee vitamins and minerals go!
Of course, this method only works if it's not a liquid capsule or something that can't be smashed into smaller pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment