Thursday, March 24, 2011

Underrated: Old TV.

The set top box has led to the rediscovery of some quality TV, at least for nostalgia's sake. And I'm not talking about Gilligan's Island. That show is for stupids. I keep discovering BBC treasures like Pie in the Sky, Jonathan Creek, and especially The Good Life. I AM Tom and Barbara! I love the way they dress in gumboots, old jeans, green jumpers, and how they cut their own hair, and they have such a fun repartee it's sometimes hard to remember that they must have a script, and Penelope Keith and the guy from Yes Minister are so droll. It's like a friendly hug in TV form.

2 comments:

  1. It's not that old, but I watched 'Sleepless in Seattle' for the first time the other night. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old-school Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are timeless.

    ReplyDelete