Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Making life easier.

Ring pull tins. Best packaging invention ever, although I'm always nervous about using them without breaking them. Second is the pop-lid Moccona jar. Third is the the 2 litre cordial bottle with a handle you can fit your fingers in placed low down for comfortable centre of gravity. Cottees were amply rewarded by sales growth when they developed that, while the competition still had ouchy little handles up near the lid. Why don't they do that with milk bottles, I wonder.

3 comments:

  1. Have just discovered Cottees super-concentrated cordial. Not only is the handle fantastic but the bottle is only one litre, (and still makes 10!) I'm not sure this will translate to milk, though.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very nervy around ring pull tins as well. If it snaps off, there's no getting at the goodness inside. I have a similar stress when cracking eggs to fry. I'm not very deft, and often break the yokes, making me very sad for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just clearing my inbox:
    Kath, wonderful! Concentrating the fluid means a lighter bottle and thus easier controlled pouring.
    Ben, exactly, although I just can't resist breaking my yolks anyway. I just have to poke them.

    ReplyDelete