Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The media monarchy rant.

As soon as I hear some "big news", or something the Today show will think is "big news", I groan and go into media blackout mode. Royal engagement in this case. I like Royalty OK, but I am deliberately uninterested in the story because I'm kind of in rebellion against the media. Everything is over-exposed. There is no mystery. I know more than I want to know already. You've ruined the Royal family for me with 20 years of tabloid coverage, so now I just don't want to know anymore. Same in every case—nothing amazes me, amazing things just fill me with dread at the anticipated media bombardment of dull cliches and melodramatisation. Oh no, here comes Fairytale Wedding and Will Charles Be King Or Let William and Does Australia Want The Monarchy. Fingers in ears, nah nah na nah nah.

4 comments:

  1. Might be better to look at news sources like "the big picture" - there's more amazement to be had there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Dave. Spoonfuls of diverse and quality imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROYAL WEDDING!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Dont worry Jess, I'll keep you updated!! ;)

    ReplyDelete