Thursday, November 11, 2010

I think I want a kick scooter.

An adult-sized one with bigger wheels, but still folding and light. Can ride on footpath, store in small place, not wear a helmet. I asked a random man riding one in Newtown if he liked his and how much he paid for it, and he was very positive. $300 is the minimum price for a Micro or a Xootr. That means about 100 3-5 section bus trips to pay it off. So if I ride it to church for 2 years, 100 one-way trips means I break even, anything else and I'll make a profit.

I wonder if I'd stick with it? It's hard to know if something is actually a good idea, when you're obsessed.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should budget for it exclusively as transport: part of it is "hobby".

    Even so, say, 1.5 years is a long time to do something like that: - can you borrow one or get one via freecycle to try it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE a 2nd hand one. I've looked on ebay and set up an alert. There's not been anything around.

    It IS a risk that I won't enjoy it for that long. But I've been pondering about it for 2 years already, so maybe I'm ready to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete