Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wonder-ginger.

Ginger is one of the BEST ingredients to totally zing things up. Whoever invented ginger in fresh juice is my hero. I have now discovered ginger honey. It was expensive in the honey shop but surely you can make it. I've googled and there are several recipes. Basically you put lots of slivers of ginger in honey, either cook for 10 min at a low heat or just don't bother, and then leave it for about 5 days to infuse. Then you have a couple of weeks to eat it. It's nice in tea, on fancy bread and cheese, general gourmet dribbling.

I heard some devastating news on the radio this week though. Honey shortage in Australia. Bees are starving. I forget why, maybe the warm winter means less pollen or something. That's a shame. So stock up now.

2 comments:

  1. Bees are in trouble everywhere! I find it so distressing! That's why I like seeing bees in my garden from time to time...I would totally set up bee hives if I had time, that would be a cool hobby.

    Also ginger in fresh orange juice is the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherlock Holmes keeps bees in Elementary, on top of his house.

      Delete