Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Deadlines.

To me, the last minute is not the best minute or the ideal minute. It's the last chance minute, the back-up minute, the fall-back minute. If something is due on Friday at 5pm, I print it out the night before and hand it in on Friday at 10am. If there is a printer disaster, I've got a whole day to fall back on. I'm writing a list of Christmas presents for family now, so I can buy things in November. I'm not stressing early, I just like to avoid stress at all.

2 comments:

  1. I confess with Christmas shopping, I always start compiling lists in October. Often I buy things throughout the year too, e.g. when The Book Depository has a 10 per cent off promotion. (This year half my list is already taken care of.) The same people are always difficult, though, and I must continually be inventive :/ My other trap is thinking, "I'll make x for this person and y for that person and z for that person" and then completely run out of time to knit what I had intended to knit. (Yes, even starting in October ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I feel like it's under control when I've got a LIST, and that has to be on paper in October otherwise I start to worry. The shopping is the easy part, esp online. Making gifts isn't something I AIM for, but it's a nice bonus if it happens. The hardest person is Grandma.

    ReplyDelete