Monday, January 31, 2011

Tea.

I'm a late-comer to the tea world. A year or so ago Wendy told me that if you drink green tea all day you don't get PMS or something, so I gave it a go and was obsessed for a few months. I tried to keep black teabags handy for my parents etc when they visited, but usually didn't. Then I discovered Chai Lattes, and it's like a hot chocolate version of tea. And then I discovered flavoured green teas and herbals with lemon myrtle and stuff. So I actually have 4 types of tea now. I now call myself a tea drinker. Pity it stains teeth and that's bad when you have braces, but oh well.

When I was buying some loose leaf chai at T2 (I had a theory of using nice tea as chocolate replacement therapy) I was advised to buy a T2 canister for it. I said no, I had tupperware, and was informed that tea should be stored air-tight in glass or metal, not plastic or the cardboard box it comes in (T2 and everyone sell it in cardboard, so it's ok for them, but not us). The ideal thing I've found is the small moccona coffee jar. It even fits back into the T2 box. But who drinks moccona instant coffee? Nobody. Not even my parents anymore. And who keeps jars in case they are useful? Also nobody. I'm waiting to scab them from friend's workplaces. I'm seriously considering buying some coffee if there is ever a quantity discount at Coles. I think they sell coffee near the tea. Will I drink the coffee, so I don't waste it? Then I might be a coffee drinker as well. That's going a bit far.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure do think a lot about jars. haha.

    I'm a huge tea drinker & I think it's worth buying the canister although it's somewhat pricey. It's not like they'll break or anything & you can use it for other things if you get over tea. But the canisters are great for keeping them super fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.adoretea.com.au/Teapots-amp-Accessories/Tea-Canisters/Tea-Canister-Royal-Pattern-p1807.html

    Would rather avoid T2 branding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some good tins from Spotlight. Just plain silver ones in the craft section, cost between 3 and 6 dollars I think. Much cheaper than T2! Other craft stores might have them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've made a note to check it out.

    ReplyDelete