Monday, March 12, 2012

Useful little pots.

I TRY not to keep random junk JUST IN CASE it's useful one day, but when I see something useful I try to quickly match it up with an immediate need. I've had a bit of recent success with tiny little containers. I love tiny little containers.

I tipped out some yucky moisturiser that came in a bathroom gift pack present, peeled off the labels so it is now plain, and scooped some of my nice moisturiser into it from the big tub. Big tubs are good value, but I used to buy tubes so that I could travel easily with them, keep them at work and so on. Now I have a small one for the desk drawer which I can refill from my long-lasting, better value, tub at home.


Then there was a little blue pot of eye cream I bought once to see if eye cream really did reduce dark circles and puffy eyes. Not really but it was such a convenient pot that I now use it to keep a small squirt of medication cream in at work. Itchy fingers are now never far from cortisol calm, and I don't have to keep the big ugly chemist-looking tube around. Could also use this size pot for a squirt of paw-paw lip balm. In the past I have actually used it to squirt cosmetic samples into, you know the foil packets you rip open. Make free samples of eye-cream last longer!


This is a maggie beer quince paste tub. The lid fits well. I use it to keep a small handful of nuts at work, and I refill it from my big stash at home.

2 comments:

  1. Cashews a la essence o' quince.

    I like little containers too. My church does this terrible thing where they chuck out all the little plastic Communion cups (they are about 3cm high, like tiny picnic cups for leprachauns) rather than reusing them. Not cool. So I like to keep mine, and take them home, with the intention of piercing little holes in the bottoms and growing tiny plants in them. Am yet to get around to doing this, but I am stockpiling all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like bonsai seedlings. One church I used to go to had tiny glass communion cups, so they were reusable. Even cuter.

    ReplyDelete