Monday, February 1, 2010

Good ideas for presents for women.

There are some dreadful ads on TV about obnoxious women who aren't satisfied with their Valentine's Day presents, they're all "flowers aren't good enough! I want diamonds!". Presents are lovely in any form and I wish I was more thoughtful and gave them more often.

However, even though presents are always appreciated by sensitive women, I have a green bag full of soaps and smelly things and candles. These things build up faster than any woman alive can possibly use. Women know this, and still give them to each other! Not to mention trinket boxes, teeny tiny photo frames, and figurines of teddy bears. If you want to buy a woman a small gift, for a thankyou or something, these are my suggestions off the top of my head. They are low clutter as well as special treats.
  • Gourmet tea, or hot drink equivelant
  • Gourmet chocolate
  • Movie tickets
  • Earrings (I plan to make a list of all my pierced friends)
  • Flowers
Small and special is better than lots of tacky. And usable is better than ornamental, because it is hard to know a woman's particular taste, and ornamental presents are dreadful for clutter. Flowers are the exception to the ornamental rule, because they are always pretty and they are short-lived.

5 comments:

  1. Heheheh! I'll take one of those candles off you Jess :)

    I saw something cute, quaint and vintage-like yesterday and bought it for you. Can you wait until your birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, don't get me started on CANDLES!!! *Karen practises restraint*

    I would also add book vouchers. I LOVE book vouchers!!! Seriously, who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! Book vouchers are also excellent. More suggestions welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of your pierced friends! *waves arm*

    ReplyDelete